Cartrell Vonshae Carhee

Cartrell Vonshae Carhee

A former Arcola police officer has been indicted on a felony theft charge after he allegedly stole two purses during a traffic stop when he was still a cop.

Cartrell Vonshae Carhee was indicted by a Fort Bend County grand jury on a felony offense of theft by a public servant.

The indictment alleges that on Jan. 16, 2019, Carhee appropriated two Michael Kors purses while working as a public servant for the Arcola Police Department.

The indictment places the value of the purses between $750 and $2,500.

Fort Bend County District Attorney Brian Middleton commended Arcola Police Chief Michael Ellison for taking prompt action when the theft was reported by the complainant.

“Chief Ellison immediately reported the incident to the Texas Rangers, requested an investigation, and provided the Arcola Police Department in-car videos of the traffic incident to which Officer Carhee was responding on the date in question.”

Theft of property valued between $750 and $2,500 is normally a Class A misdemeanor; however, the law provides that when it is committed by a public servant, and the property came into the defendant’s custody, control, or possession by virtue of his status as a public servant, the penalty range is increased one level.

Carhee faces a state-jail felony offense punishable by 180 days to two years in the state jail and a fine not to exceed $10,000.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thank you for Reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.