President Trump is threatening more tariffs on Chinese imports. CNNI's Julia Chatterley explains why American consumers could bear the brunt of the newest trade war escalation.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Please purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content.
Current Print Subscribers
If you already subscribe to our print edition, sign up for FREE access to our online edition. Thanks for reading the Fort Bend Herald.
Online Access (Includes e-Edition)
Please sign up to subscribe to the Fort Bend Herald online edition.
|1 Day||$1.00||for 1 day|
|1 Week||$5.00||for 6 days|
|1 Month||$9.00||for 30 days|
|3 Months||$27.00||for 90 days|
|6 Months||$52.00||for 180 days|
|1 Year||$100.00||for 365 days|
NEW YORK (AP) — Billionaire industrialist David H. Koch, who with his older brother Charles poured a fortune into right-wing causes, transforming the American political landscape and shaping U.S. policies on such issues as climate change and government regulation, died Friday at 79.
SEATTLE (AP) — A U.S. judge on Friday ordered a woman accused of hacking Capital One and at least 30 other organizations to remain in custody pending trial because she is a flight risk and poses a physical danger to herself and others.
HOUSTON (AP) — A former Houston police officer has been charged with murder in connection with the January drug raid of a home that killed a couple and injured five officers, prosecutors announced Friday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump launched a furious and highly personal Twitter attack Friday against the Federal Reserve and Chairman Jerome Powell, fuming that the Fed once more "did NOTHING!" and wondering who is "our bigger enemy" — Powell or China's leader.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The Sacramento Kings and the NBA have announced they are taking no action against Luke Walton after not finding enough evidence during an investigation into allegations that the coach sexually assaulted a woman.
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):
LONG PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — The son of former NFL lineman Barry Bennett is accused of shooting Bennett and his wife multiple times, killing them, then driving out of state and boarding a flight to Mexico, according to criminal charges filed Friday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the death of billionaire David Koch (all times local):
WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed radiation therapy for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas and there is no evidence of the disease remaining, the Supreme Court said Friday.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A new U.S. government management plan unveiled Friday clears the way for coal mining and oil and gas drilling on land that used to be off limits as part of a sprawling national monument in Utah before President Donald Trump downsized the protected area two years ago.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government on Friday announced changes to the agency that runs the country's immigration courts, giving its director authority to weigh in and make appellate rulings on cases.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Friday that he had "hereby ordered" American companies "to immediately start looking" for alternatives to operating in China, hours after Beijing announced new trade sanctions on U.S. products.
MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian military on Friday to work out a quid pro quo response after the test of a new U.S. missile banned under a now-defunct arms treaty.
HOUSTON (AP) — The Latest on the ongoing investigation into a deadly Houston drug raid that killed a couple and injured several officers (all times local):
STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — While Mississippi State's basketball and football programs dodged postseason bans, the NCAA has put the school on three years' probation as part of a slew of penalties after an investigation into academic violations.
Fort Bend County Courts
- Watch commissioners court meetings online
- Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls explores run for Congress
- Morales still has hopes to bring multi-purpose facility to county
- DA tells state leaders some pot cases too costly to prosecute
- New juvenile, emergency centers form bulk of county facilities bond proposal
- County looks to hire another internet crimes investigator
- County seeking to get funds to deal with mental health issues in justice system
- Supreme Court rules former Fort Bend County employee can continue discrimination lawsuit
- County joins lawsuit against opioid manufactures, distributors
- County commissioners approve deal with Hays County, road commissioner retires
- Richmond City Commission names alternate to ethics board
- Richmond named scenic city
- Report: Some historical buildings in downtown Richmond must be repaired — or demolished
- City of Richmond to spray for mosqitoes
- Amendment would allow Richmond ethics board to discipline violators
- Richmond receives $591,000 in sales tax revenue
- $735,000 lift station upgrade on agenda
- City makes sidewalk maintenance a priority
- Former Richmond city commissioner ordered to leave meeting
- City of Richmond to hike water, sewer, garbage rates
- Poldrack resigns from planning commission
- Council plans to cut tax rate
- City to replace wooden bridge
- MUD annexation back on agenda
- Council may limit public speech at meetings
- RDC may change time of monthly meeting
- Council does away with decorum policy
- Public comments, decorum policy on agenda
- City to hold 2nd public hearing for MUD annexation
- Council limits audience speech at meetings
- Rosenberg does away with decorum policy
- Dog park coming to Rosenberg
- Council to hold public hearing on MUD
- Dog parks may come to Rosenberg
- Decorum policy on agenda
- Needville Fire Department lays out new wildfire prevention strategy
- Needville Citywide Garage Sale scheduled for March 16-17
- Blood drive for Needville resident
- Needville Country Christmas seeks sponsors
- Daniels wins Gator at Harvest Fest raffle
- Needville trustees hear plans for new administration building
- NHS Class of ’68 gets together again
- Area fire fighters to hold extrication training
- Needville artist works on a much larger canvas