"In an exclusive interview, the spokesperson for Turkey's President Erdogan, Ibrahim Kalin, speaks to Becky Anderson as the Turkey prepares for a military offensive in Northern Syria.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Please purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content.
Current Print Subscribers
If you already subscribe to our print edition, sign up for FREE access to our online edition. Thanks for reading the Fort Bend Herald.
Online Access (Includes e-Edition)
Please sign up to subscribe to the Fort Bend Herald online edition.
|1 Day||$1.00||for 1 day|
|1 Week||$5.00||for 6 days|
|1 Month||$9.00||for 30 days|
|3 Months||$27.00||for 90 days|
|6 Months||$52.00||for 180 days|
|1 Year||$100.00||for 365 days|
National Entertainment News
WASHINGTON (AP) — Health care memo to Democrats: There's more than one way to get to coverage for all.
HONG KONG (AP) — Assailants with hammers attacked a protest organizer and lawmakers shouting abuse forced Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam to abandon a speech in the legislature, in two dramas Wednesday that highlighted the chaos gripping the semi-autonomous Chinese territory after more than four…
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has welcomed Italian President Sergio Mattarella to the White House for talks.
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks edged lower in early trading on Wall Street Wednesday as investors weighed the latest batch of corporate earnings and a weak report on retail sales.
CLEVELAND (AP) — Jury selection began Wednesday in the first federal trial over the opioid epidemic despite a last-minute request from lawyers to delay it because of news reports on a settlement offer.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House impeachment inquiry is exposing new details about unease in the State Department and White House about President Donald Trump's actions toward Ukraine and those of his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.
ADA, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma's history is so deeply intertwined with the 39 Native American tribes located there that the state's creation in 1907 was celebrated with a symbolic wedding ceremony between the Indian and Oklahoma territories.
A dozen Democratic presidential candidates participated in a spirited debate over health care, taxes, gun control and impeachment. Takeaways from the three-hour forum in Westerville, Ohio:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Retail sales dropped in September by the largest amount in seven months, possibly signaling that rising trade tensions and turbulent markets are having an impact on consumer spending.
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Spain's government said Wednesday it would do whatever it takes to stamp out violence in Catalonia, where clashes between regional independence supporters and police have injured more than 200 people in two days.
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — The Latest on unrest in Spain's Catalonia region (all times local):
BRUSSELS (AP) — Turkey's invasion of northern Syria — along with the criticism and threats of sanctions brandished by fellow NATO members at Ankara over the offensive — is close to sparking a crisis at the world's biggest military alliance.
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union and Britain saw their chances of reaching a full Brexit divorce deal by Thursday's EU summit diminish by the hour Wednesday as legal issues centering on the Irish border frustrated negotiators.
ODESSA, Texas (AP) — For the first time, the annual meeting of the Grapevine-based Southern Baptists of Texas Convention will be held in Odessa Oct. 28-29 with a total of attendance of more than 1,000 people from around the state expected.
NEW YORK (AP) — Scotty Bowers, a self-described Hollywood "fixer" whose memoir offered sensational accounts of the sex lives of such celebrities as Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, has died. He was 96.
Fort Bend County Courts
- Watch commissioners court meetings online
- Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls explores run for Congress
- Morales still has hopes to bring multi-purpose facility to county
- DA tells state leaders some pot cases too costly to prosecute
- New juvenile, emergency centers form bulk of county facilities bond proposal
- County looks to hire another internet crimes investigator
- County seeking to get funds to deal with mental health issues in justice system
- Supreme Court rules former Fort Bend County employee can continue discrimination lawsuit
- County joins lawsuit against opioid manufactures, distributors
- County commissioners approve deal with Hays County, road commissioner retires
- GOOD AFTERNOON: Richmond cleanup
- City of Richmond annual fall curbside clean-up begins Oct. 5
- City of Richmond annual fall curbside clean-up begins Oct. 5
- Richmond budget planners allow for conservative growth
- Richmond resident asks city to cut taxes
- Richmond may allow golf carts, ATVs on public roads
- City of Richmond commissioners won’t raise property tax rate next year
- Richmond City Commission names alternate to ethics board
- Richmond named scenic city
- Report: Some historical buildings in downtown Richmond must be repaired — or demolished
- City Council may fund HOT committee projects
- Council to discuss mobility bond project
- RDC OK’s sidewalk projects
- Another shaded pavilion planned for Sunset Park
- 10 kids charged with breaking into school
- Rosenberg considers new fees for property improvements
- Rosenberg to test TNR program
- Rosenberg prepping for 4th of July
- Trap-Neuter-Release program on agenda
- Charter review committee members to be sworn in
- Image committee to tackle bandit signs
- City saves thousands on drainage project
- RDC will reinstitute monthly construction progress reports
- Rosenberg business wins city contract
- Downtown planters on RDC agenda
- Needville Fire Department holds annual Open House
- Needville Fire Department lays out new wildfire prevention strategy
- Needville Citywide Garage Sale scheduled for March 16-17
- Blood drive for Needville resident
- Needville Country Christmas seeks sponsors
- Daniels wins Gator at Harvest Fest raffle
- Needville trustees hear plans for new administration building
- NHS Class of ’68 gets together again
- Area fire fighters to hold extrication training
- Needville artist works on a much larger canvas
- Zerwas to discuss flood prevention management
- Auto burglaries continue to plague Fulshear
- Shamrock Shindig draws merry crowd
- Annual Texana Trot scheduled for Nov. 17
- Fulshear roads undergo major construction
- Fulshear council OKs hiring of city secretary
- Fulshear City Council terminates city secretary