Woman convicted in 1992 double murder has clemency hearing
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Please purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content.
Current Print Subscribers
If you already subscribe to our print edition, sign up for FREE access to our online edition. Thanks for reading the Fort Bend Herald.
Online Access (Includes e-Edition)
Please sign up to subscribe to the Fort Bend Herald online edition.
|1 Day||$1.00||for 1 day|
|1 Week||$5.00||for 6 days|
|1 Month||$9.00||for 30 days|
|3 Months||$27.00||for 90 days|
|6 Months||$52.00||for 180 days|
|1 Year||$100.00||for 365 days|
National Entertainment News
ODESSA, Texas (AP) — For the first time, the annual meeting of the Grapevine-based Southern Baptists of Texas Convention will be held in Odessa Oct. 28-29 with a total of attendance of more than 1,000 people from around the state expected.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The grieving parents of a British teenager who was killed in a car crash involving an American diplomat's wife felt ambushed when President Donald Trump tried to get them to meet with the woman in front of the press, attorneys for the couple said Wednesday.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Television powerhouse Shonda Rhimes is moving aggressively into the burgeoning podcast world.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is trying to sort out whether states can prosecute immigrants who use fake Social Security numbers to get a job.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Liberal and conservative justices seemed split Wednesday on whether to grant a new sentencing hearing to Lee Boyd Malvo , one of two snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., region in 2002 when he was a teenager.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and Syria (all times local):
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Two lawyers linked to the so-called Panama Papers are asking a federal judge to stop Neflix's upcoming release of "The Laundromat," which they say defames them as criminal masterminds and may affect criminal cases against them.
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The winless Miami Dolphins have again changed starting quarterbacks because coach Brian Flores changed his mind.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Community leaders are calling for a far-reaching plan overseen by a federal judge to radically reform the Fort Worth, Texas, Police Department to address the kinds of abuses they say contributed to an officer's fatal shooting of a 28-year-old in her home over the weekend.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A proposed conversion therapy ban in Utah is in danger of being derailed after the influential Church of Jesus of Christ of Latter-day Saints came out Tuesday night in opposition, just months after it said it wouldn't stand in the way of a similar measure under consideration.
NEW YORK (AP) — A Florida man wanted in a campaign finance case involving associates of Rudy Giuliani is in federal custody after flying Wednesday to Kennedy Airport in New York City to turn himself in, federal authorities said.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Washing his hands of America's presence in Syria, President Donald Trump declared Wednesday the U.S. has no stake in supporting the Kurdish fighters who died by the thousands as U.S. partners against Islamic State extremists.
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union and Britain inched ever closer to a Brexit deal on Wednesday, with the leaders of France and Germany saying they expected an agreement could be sealed within a day at an EU summit.
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — The Latest on unrest in Spain's Catalonia region (all times local):
AKCAKALE, Turkey (AP) — The Latest on Turkey's invasion of northern Syria (all times local):
Fort Bend County Courts
- Watch commissioners court meetings online
- Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls explores run for Congress
- Morales still has hopes to bring multi-purpose facility to county
- DA tells state leaders some pot cases too costly to prosecute
- New juvenile, emergency centers form bulk of county facilities bond proposal
- County looks to hire another internet crimes investigator
- County seeking to get funds to deal with mental health issues in justice system
- Supreme Court rules former Fort Bend County employee can continue discrimination lawsuit
- County joins lawsuit against opioid manufactures, distributors
- County commissioners approve deal with Hays County, road commissioner retires
- GOOD AFTERNOON: Richmond cleanup
- City of Richmond annual fall curbside clean-up begins Oct. 5
- City of Richmond annual fall curbside clean-up begins Oct. 5
- Richmond budget planners allow for conservative growth
- Richmond resident asks city to cut taxes
- Richmond may allow golf carts, ATVs on public roads
- City of Richmond commissioners won’t raise property tax rate next year
- Richmond City Commission names alternate to ethics board
- Richmond named scenic city
- Report: Some historical buildings in downtown Richmond must be repaired — or demolished
- City Council may fund HOT committee projects
- Council to discuss mobility bond project
- RDC OK’s sidewalk projects
- Another shaded pavilion planned for Sunset Park
- 10 kids charged with breaking into school
- Rosenberg considers new fees for property improvements
- Rosenberg to test TNR program
- Rosenberg prepping for 4th of July
- Trap-Neuter-Release program on agenda
- Charter review committee members to be sworn in
- Image committee to tackle bandit signs
- City saves thousands on drainage project
- RDC will reinstitute monthly construction progress reports
- Rosenberg business wins city contract
- Downtown planters on RDC agenda
- Needville Fire Department holds annual Open House
- Needville Fire Department lays out new wildfire prevention strategy
- Needville Citywide Garage Sale scheduled for March 16-17
- Blood drive for Needville resident
- Needville Country Christmas seeks sponsors
- Daniels wins Gator at Harvest Fest raffle
- Needville trustees hear plans for new administration building
- NHS Class of ’68 gets together again
- Area fire fighters to hold extrication training
- Needville artist works on a much larger canvas
- Zerwas to discuss flood prevention management
- Auto burglaries continue to plague Fulshear
- Shamrock Shindig draws merry crowd
- Annual Texana Trot scheduled for Nov. 17
- Fulshear roads undergo major construction
- Fulshear council OKs hiring of city secretary
- Fulshear City Council terminates city secretary