Fort Bend County Libraries’ Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library, 8100 FM 359 South in Fulshear, presents a variety of free children’s programs — Toddler Time, Story Time, School-Age Programs and Middle School Programs — every month during the summer.
These programs are free and open to the public.
The summer schedule is as follows:
Toddler Time — Tuesdays at 10:15 a.m. — offers caregiver/child activities, stories and songs for older babies, from 1 to 3 years of age.
Program dates are June 4, 11, 18 and 25.
Pre-school children, 3 to 6 years of age, will enjoy Story Time, where they hear stories, watch movies and participate in age-appropriate craft activities, beginning at 10:15 a.m. each Wednesday.
Program dates are June 5, 12, 19 and 26.
The School-Age Programs — crafts, movies, stories and more for school-aged children in grades 1 through 5 — begin at 3 p.m. every Tuesday during the summer.
These programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
• June 4 – Cookies & Crafts.
• June 11 – Amazing Magical Balloon Show (presented by Rob Holladay)
• June 18 – Take Me to Your Readers! (presented by Julian Franklin) Explore makerspace concepts, robots and fun during this puppet magic show!
• June 25 – Sound Space with Mr. Tom! (presented by Tom’s Fun Band) Take a sound journey with various instruments and explore how sound is made on earth and in space.
The Middle School Programs, which begin at 3 p.m. every Thursday in the summer, is designed for youth in grades 6 through 8.
Materials for these programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
• June 6 – 3D Origami. Construct geometric designs using modular origami.
• June 13 – Light-Box Circuitry. Design a colorful light box using circuitry science.
• June 20 – Tailor-Made Terrariums. Create an individual terrarium.
• June 27 – Embossed String Art. Design a colorful, abstract piece of art with string!
For more information, please call the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library at 281-633-4675 or the library system’s Communications Office at 281-633-4734.