Fort Bend County Libraries’ Adult Services staff at George Memorial Library, 1001 Golfview Drive in Richmond, will present a variety of free, introductory computer classes this month. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs.
· “You Can Teach Yourself to Type” will take place on Monday, June 3, beginning at 9:00 am, in the Computer Lab. Learn how to use a self-paced typing tutorial on the computer.
· “Computers 101” will take place on Thursday, June 6, from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon, in the Computer Lab. This class presents a basic, hands-on introduction to using computers.
· “MS Publisher 2010 Survival Basics” will take place on Wednesday, June 12, beginning at 10:00 am, in the Computer Lab. Learn the basics of using this desktop-publishing software program to create cards, invitations, forms, banners, signs, and much more by using templates and clip art.
· “MS PowerPoint 2010 Survival Basics” will take place on Wednesday, June 19, beginning at 10:00 am, in the Computer Lab. Learn the basics of using this slideshow-presentation software program.
· “MS PowerPoint 2010: Intermediate” will take place on Wednesday, June 26, beginning at 10:00 am, in the Computer Lab. Understand this slideshow-presentation program even better by learning more advanced functions and tools.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Events,” select “George Memorial,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-341-2604, or by visiting the library.